Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Here I am

So I keep meaning to blog... and keep getting distracted and not getting here to do it. 


Life is continuing to be busy but I am loving every minute of it.  I have to admit, being the stay-at-home mom is not as easy as I once thought it would be.  However, there is no amount of money that could make me leave this job.  This is the most fulfilling job I have ever had.


Homeschooling finished up last week.  We managed to get our 180 days of work in and both Emm and I were very glad to see it all done.  We still have some scheduled school days that are to be filled with field trips or projects but all of the curriculum is complete.  It was a fun year and I look forward to next year.  We will be using the same Math curriculum but we will be using Sonlight in all other areas.  I cannot wait to order it and get my hands on it. 


My baby belly continues to blossom.  I look huge and keep getting the typical..."are you sure there is only one" comments.  I got these comments when I was pregnant with William, so I am somewhat used to them.  I have to admit that are days that all I hear when someone says that is is "WOW... you are so crazy fat.".  LOL  Those are on my hormonal days.  We did find out that we are having a GIRL!  I am super excited and have begun picking up adorable girl outfits.  Because we had our girl so long ago (7 years...WOW) I have very little left...but if I start now, we should have everything we need by the time she makes her appearance.  As far as baby gear, we will be needing a new pack-n-play, high chair (ours has been through both children and did not survive the tornado that is William), and a new stroller/car-seat travel system.  However, I have been unable to find a girlie pattern that I like at Babies-R-Us, Target, or Walmart...so the search continues. 


Other exciting news - my sister is pregnant again!  So we are getting to go through pregnancy semi-together.  She is due in December while I am due in September.  It will be fun to have our children so close in age.  Her sweet Silas turns one in July... so she is going to have her hands soooo full.  LOL


I am still fighting the battle with potty training... and I am at my wits end.  Apparently I am not very good at potty training.  I thought I was... Emmelyn was completely all the way potty trained by the time she was 2.  By 3, accidents were a thing of the past.  William turns 3 in June and well... he has peed in the potty twice.  We have done the sitting on the potty every 15 minutes throughout the day thing... we have done the run around naked thing....we have done the try to catch him when he hides thing... I am just so lost.  I figure it will happen when HE is ready and not a minute before.  I just hope that he is trained by the time this baby is born.


I have rediscovered that I enjoy sewing.  I have not done much of it in my life...but what little I have done has been fun.  I have decided that we are going to attempt to cloth diaper this new little bundle of joy when she gets here.  So, I decided I would try to make some cloth diapers.  I was successful with my first attempt.  See...




Well, I am off to do the housework... as much as I keep hoping, it does not seem to do itself.



2 comments:

Sean said...

I found your facebook page while looking for someone else. And from there I found your blog. I'm new to the area (just moved to Pickens) and I've been looking for other moms to connect with. I see that you're into sewing and are thinking about cloth diapering this child. I CD my little one (he's 6 months old) and I LOVE sewing. So I figured I'd leave you a comment! Hope to get to know you!

Tiffany said...

How fun! I am super excited about cloth diapering and have started buying a few things...ok..truthfully... I am a bit addicted and got crazy on ordering and now can't remember what all I ordered and I am finding it fun to be surprised when new packages arrive. LOL I do love sewing - when I get time! I am not all that great at it, but I do try. I have all kinds of new fabric to sew up some diapers and haven't taken the time to do it again after that first try. LOL