Monday, September 21, 2009

Life is good

I don't have long to update considering there is a midterm to take, 2 books to read, and some discussion questions to answer (neglected school work to finish the house) but I do want to take a few minutes to give a quick update.

The number one thing to update about... my house is officially clean.  From top to bottom... inside and...well...the outside still needs work.  But, my house is officially clean.  The incredible burden that has laid so heavy on me for the last 7 years has lifted and it feels wonderful.  I know that I am yet another step closer to dying to myself and letting Christ serve through me.  As I was on my hands and knees literally scrubbing the bathroom floor yesterday with a cloth and bleach, I kept reminding myself that I am being a servant to my husband and children.  Who knows if they will truly appreciate it, but I do not need their praises or appreciation really.  I am content to know that I am living a life truly pleasing to God.  What God has demanded of me, I have completed.  I cannot possibly put in to words what this truly means, but I can already tell a difference in myself and I like it.

The second thing... John, Allison, Ben, and Greta are HOME!!!  We got to see them last night (well, Greta was not with them...lol).  Before I go any further it is absolutely necessary to take a minute and say that Ben is absolutely and totally adorable.  Oh my word, let me just also say that he is NOT good for me and my baby fever.  LOL  When I got him from John he cuddled up on me and it was the sweetest thing EVER.  Later, Ben was sleepy and I got to hold him, love on him, and sing to him.  He just cuddled up next to me and started to go to sleep...until he realized what was going on.  He is so very sweet and my heart is going to burst into a million pieces with they leave after this month.

Now... I also thouroughly enjoyed my visit with John and Allison.  Embarassingly enough I actually cried when they got out of the car.  I was so happy to see them.  Joel and John played xbox games until 3am and Allison and I (mostly me...because I am a motor mouth) talked non-stop until probably 2..where my age showed and I crawled in the floor and went to sleep (LOL).  It was so nice.  We will most likely see them again today and I cannot wait.  Thankfully when they do leave they will only be 8 hours away this time instead of 3 centuries.  So, John and Allison visiting more regularly is a lot more likely. 

Ok...well this post was supposed to be short and to the point... but I always talk too much.

No comments: