Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's been a while

I haven't posted in a while. I rarely have time to turn around, much less think about what I need to blog about. However, I am not the only insanely busy person in the world...and they still find the time. Anyway, I don't much to say.

I'm well into my educational carrer at Limestone College of Gaffney. If things work out like I hope they will, I should graduate next May with a Bachelors of Science in Computer Programming. WOOT! I'm super excited even though History is kicking my big butt this term. I managed to squeak...and I mean squeak...out a B last term in History 112. I'm in History 113 and so far I have an A...of course we are only 1 week in. (sshhhh! let me live in my dream for a bit).

Emmelyn is really growing up. She has officially crossed over from little girl...to just girl. I am very sad but excited to watch as she discovers who she is and even better...who she is in God. She has faith like a child and it is refreshing to look at God and this world through the eyes or a child. She says the sweetest prayers and has such a sensitive heart.

William is growing too. He is also growing in the area of temper and attitude. He is a challenge but he is also my snuggle bug. God made him extra cute so that on the days where I feel like beating my head against a wall I can look at William and he can grin so that I know he is only a child and this is only a stage. I believe we have entered the "terrible 2's" a bit early. Does this mean we will get out of it early, too? I know, I know. I've done this before and that is NOT what it means, but a mom can dream, right? When he is not screaming and crying because he didn't get his way (which is quickly followed by a spanking...or 3 ...when he just can't seem to stop kicking and flopping around) he is really a very sweet and fun baby. He loves attention and loves to give hugs and kisses, which makes my day all the better. My absolute favorite time of the day is coming home after work, or picking him up from the sitter's house. I love the way he laughs out loud and giggles, gripping me and hugging my tightly...followed by a very sweet kiss. It almost makes going away for a little while worth it.

On that note...come July 1st... I will be a STAY AT HOME MOMMY!!!!! Yes, you read that right..but if you are unsure go back and read it a couple more times. I am super excited, a little nervous, but insanely excited. Money will be tight, we will have to cut corners and really live on a budget...but it is worth it. July and August we will give it a try to make sure it works. Worse case scenario... I get a part time job to help with money. However, I am determined and will make it work. I know it is what God has made me for.

In my staying at home... I will be embarking upon another great adventure. I will be homeschooling Emmelyn next year. I am very excited and so is she. I am beginning to look at curriculum now and am eager to get help from any who have advice. It will be a blast, I will keep you updated.

For any who are concerned...rest easy... even though I will be a stay at home mommy, I will continue to attend classes at Limestone. I am determined to finally be a college graduate.

To end this post I would like to share with you a song that has become my favorite as of late. I love this song on the hard days...or when I'm being a control freak...or I'm certain I'm not getting enough of Joel's attention ... it reminds me that I am not in control, I'm not alone, and Joel should not be my main focus (certainly a very important focus...but not my main focus). I have posted the lyrics and a link to the youtube video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJODOpe_M8E

By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North
Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run


And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life


(Chorus 2x)

Cause I, I love youI want you to knowThat I, I love youI'll never let you go

(Chorus 2x)



Good night all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, give my mom a shout if you need any tips with homeschooling. Also, Emmelyn should join the co-op. It's a really good group.