Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fighting the Downward Spiral

I have finally acknowledged that I indeed suffer from bouts of depression.  I cycle really, everything is great and wonderful for a couple weeks and then I bottom out.  I think I get tired and run down and that is when the downward spiral starts to hit.  I have been fighting it for a couple days now but today it seems to have won.

I hate when these episodes hit.  I almost feel like I cannot control it.  I find it hard to pray, read my bible, or do anything that would help in getting out of this funk.  It is really strange and hard to explain and only someone who has experienced it can truly understand what I am talking about.  My patience basically is nonexistent and I really do hate that.  My three year old needs a mother with LOTS of patience (especially when in the midst of potty training). 

So, I write this post to simply acknowledge that I am indeed in my funk and I know that I will come out of it in a week or so...but in the meantime, prayers of any kind are greatly appreciated!! 

No comments: