Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Whew...

I have discovered that I so easily get overwhelmed in life. I find that it really doesn't take much. I struggle with looking at the big picture and dwelling there... which doesn't work. I'm trying desperately to let go of that, but I am discovering that it is proving to be more difficult than I initially thought.

I started my day in devotion, which has become customary in my daily life. I realize that I cannot be an effective teacher and mother if I am not being taught and led by the greatest teacher - God. My devotion is centered around the book, "The Power of a Praying Wife" (which is excellent, by the way). However, amazingly I am finding God focusing on working this fear of failure and this issue of sticking to the big picture out of my system. I am constantly being reminded that even God focused on the small details when he was creating the world. He made the tiny seeds that plants bloom from, as well as the universe. I am enjoying these discoveries but I never find it completely pleasant when God points out where I am weak. However, it is wonderful that where I am weak, God is strong!

So, I am hopeful for a new me. I know that the big picture is important, because I have to know where I am going. But it is equally important to know the small steps that get me there. For today, I am focusing on the small steps. It is one more load of dishes, one more load of clothes, one more work-out, one more math lesson, etc...

The big picture will come - I do not doubt that. I just hope that I learn the patience and endurance that it will take to get there sooner rather than later.

No comments: